Friday, August 24, 2007

It's about time...

So, every summer I try to make a list of things that I want to accomplish by the end of the summer. I figure, I'm just working so I should have time to do these things. And every summer, I always end up doing maybe one or two things on my list or starting them and never finishing them. Like last summer. I signed up for an Independent Study class and told myself that I would finish it last summer. Well, last summer came and went, and pretty sure I had only gotten to lesson 6, and school was starting. I convinced myself that I had till the next summer and had plenty of time, but that was not true. It was coming down to the wire, and so I signed up for an extension. So what was on my list this summer? Finish that dang Independent Study Class. I am happy to report, that even though it was down to the wire and I was cutting it close, I finished my class 2 days before the deadline! I then took my final (which I had 30 days to take) and then I was done. I was so proud of myself, I had actually finished the class! To top it all off, I got an A! I also finished 3 or 4 other things that were on my list, and I am proud to say that finally, I completed almost all of my list. I think this is the first summer in a long while when that has happened. Go me!

In other news, I am going back home to Texas tomorrow, and I will be home for a week. It's been since Christmas since I've seen my family so I am glad that I will see them. So, life is going pretty well and I am glad because then school starts...

No comments: