Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Brief Interruption for an Announcement

I know I said in my last post that the next few posts were going to be my adventures in the world of online dating. But, I had a blog-worthy announcement that merited an interruption of said series.

Today is Ash Wednesday, (no that's not my announcement)and although most of you (and really even me) don't care about this, it marks the start of Lent. Well I don't observe Lent (which mostly entails giving something up for the days between now and Easter), never have, but I decided that this year it coincided nicely with my decision to be healthier.

So, for the first time in my life, I decided to "observe Lent" in the fact that I will give up something for a month. What is it?

Sweets.

That's right folks, I've decided to give up sweets for a month (although my Catholic friend says Lent is actually 46/47 days and you can cheat on Sundays, but I'm going to do it my way). I'm not exactly doing it in the spirit you're supposed to for Lent, but I figured, if other people in the world can give up something during Lent for the sake of the Lord, then I can too.

Yeah, I'm praying I last more than a week.

*And now back to your regularly scheduled posts.*

1 comment:

Alison said...

Ohhhhhhhh! Good luck! That would be very hard for me. I have a MAJOR sweet tooth. :S