Saturday, April 11, 2009

March--Taxes

For my March resolution, I decided that now that I am an adult with a full-time job, I should learn how to do my taxes. My dad has always filed them for me. So, this time I would sit with my dad as he filed them so that I can know what to do so that I could do it by myself next time around. I sat down with all of my paperwork ready, excited, and nervous to get started.My dad's all about the e-file with TurboTax, so doing my taxes wasn't actually that hard. You just have to go through and answer all the questions and input all of the info. Everything was going so well until I saw this:I OWED MONEY! That can't possiblly be! I made my dad go through and redo it like 5 times and it turned out the same. Apparently, it was because my parents claimed me on their taxes. If they hadn't I would have gotten a very small refund.

I also had to file Utah state taxes because I worked there for part of the year. I owed money then too. More than federal actually. Utah taxes suck. I was so expecting a refund, but I had to pay instead. Because of this disappointment, I decided to continue my dancing and flirting from February. I didn't really do a whole lot with it though. So, I guess March was kind of a wrap up/break. Now that March is over, I'm now ready for an exciting April. April's resolution will be forthcoming.

1 comment:

B said...

Eesh. That's too bad, Mattie. On a happier note, I want you to know that when I was reading your blog this morning, Julia was in her high chair right next to me. When your song "Beat it" came on, Julia was TOTALLY rocking out. So thanks for the little dance moment for today. :)