Sunday, August 30, 2009

July--Make a New Dish

First off, I apologize because I didn't take a picture of any of the delicious foods I made. I did, however, find a few pics of the same foods online, so I'll post those. Originally this month, I was going to do a little photography. But, I didn't really have time to improve/practice anything. Then, I realized that I had made alot of new foods and tried alot of new recipes for a little get together I had at the end of the month. So, then I realized July could be making a new food instead of photography (don't worry photography will come later on).

For my book club meeting, I made lots of food (probably more than necessary) that I had never made before. I was going to post recipes of them, but I realized that will take up alot of space, so if you want recipes for any of the things I list, let me know and I'll send them to you.

Here's the delicious feast I had, at least the ones I made, (those that ate it, feel free to comment on whether or not you actually thought it was delicious or not):
Mango Chipotle Salmon Dip (on the back of the Salmon Creations package)
Salmon Croquettes
Cucumber Sandwiches
Toasted Ravioli
and Oreo Truffles (Pic later in post)

I also made some other things for my family:
Tuna Croquettes
Crunchy Chicken Chunks
Parmesan Crusted Chicken

And even though it was a recent recipe I did that wasn't in July, I also made spaghetti squash with sun-dried tomato alfredo sauce and sauteed mushrooms, yellow squash, and zuchini. (It was delicious, but I really needed to put some meat in there though.) I think everything I made was delicious, although I think the fried (toasted) raviolis got a little over cooked/burned, so the ones I ate weren't the best.

My favorite thing I made was the oreo truffles. Those were amazing and so easy too! I had gone to a family friend's eagle court of honor, and they had made these truffles. My little sister at a bajillion; in fact, I think what she said was something like she could now die happy and she wanted a lifetime supply of them. I obviously had to ask the lady for the recipe so that I could at least partially fulfill my little sister's wish of having a lifetime supply. My brother later told me a girl in his Home Ec class made these and called them snowballs. I will leave you with this recipe:

1 pkg. of Oreo cookies, finely crushed (I would use a food processor or blender to get it really fine)
1 pkg (8 oz) of cream cheese, softened
2 pkgs. (8 sq. each) Baker's Semi-sweet chocolate, melted (or you can use candy melts chocolate)

Mix the crushed oreo crumbs with the cream cheese until well-blended. Then shape into 1-in. balls (about 42).

Dip the balls in the melted chocolate and place on the waxed paper. Garnish with sprinkles, oreo cookie crumbs or drizzle melted white chocolate (that's what I did). Refrigerate until hard.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Alison said...

I loved those cucumber sandwhiches! And I liked the ravioli, even if they were slightly overdone. The truffles were really good as well. Basically, it was all wonderful!

B said...

YUMMY, Mattie! I'm excited to try those oreo cookies! :)