Thursday, January 28, 2010

December--Origami

Awhile back I bought an origami kit. It comes with everything! Even a bone folding and scoring tool! Pretty sweet, I know. The book that came with it, though, just had a few animals in it (and some modular stuff), and it didn't even include the traditional crane! (Something I really felt I needed to know how to do.) So I went out onto the internet, fountain of knowledge, and looked up the directions on how to make a crane (and various other patterns). Let's just say there are pretty much a bajillion different ways to fold paper into a crane. Every site I found had a little step that was different, granted it did end up with the same result.

I didn't necessarily make a 1000, but I made alot of cranes (and a few other things): That's supposed to be a gorilla (it was from the book that came in the kit). (The ones on the right were the only ones I made; the top left my dad did, and the bottom left came with the kit...)

Origami is pretty easy as long as you have really good instructions and diagrams so you know how to fold it. Some are a little more complicated and involve scissors and glue and different pieces (like the gorilla). (I tried making a unicorn and I gave up because I just couldn't understand what the picture and directions were trying to tell me to do!) Origami is fun, and talk about easy, cheap Christmas tree ornaments!

1 comment:

Erika said...

Great job!