Sunday, October 24, 2010

Threadless Threads Run Deep

Most of you know that my love for Threadless shirts runs deep. It was a love affair that started back in college, and it has continued ever since. I first noticed a guy in my Spanish class wearing what I thought was a rather amusing shirt of two squirrels:
I asked him where he got it, and he directed me to the now beloved Threadless website. I took a gander at a few, but I was a poor college student and couldn't afford to buy humorous shirts, so I forgot about it. It wasn't until later that semester when another friend posted on her blog about the upcoming Threadless Holiday sale that I decided, why not?, and bought my first Threadless shirt:
It didn't fit quite right (which is probably why most of you have never seen me wear it), but I didn't let that stop me. I bought others, and now I have so many that I probably have enough to wear a different one every day for a month.

Well... do I? A few friends got me thinking about how many I actually have. So, let's count and see. Here are all the Threadless shirts I own in no particular order (besides the aforementioned "Vegetarians Are Eating the Rainforest" one):
This has seen better days and has some bleach stains, which is why I don't wear it too much.







This one I recently acquired in hoodie form.


It's not pictured, but at the bottom on the inside of the shirt there are 4 other little monsters (which is what the arrow is pointing to).

Another one that doesn't fit quite right, so I don't wear it much.







Ok, I think that's all of them. Counting the vegetarians one, I own 18 Threadless shirts (including 1 hoodie). So not enough for a month, but 10 shirts away from all of February on a non-leap year. A few I don't wear very much, but I still love them all the same. There have been others that I've wanted but they have been sold out and have yet to be reprinted, and there are others that I have bought for friends and family, too. I've even been tempted to buy a few prints, but at the moment I have nowhere to put them, so I've resisted.

But, clearly:

3 comments:

Alison said...

You got me loving Threadless. :) My favorites are: Emo poems, art of conversation, meat is murder, and the haikus are easy. Well, actually I like all of them! :)

Miss Nesbit said...

YAY! I'm glad I could covert someone to the awesomeness that is Threadless. Yes, those are my favorites too, but I agree I like them all. Probably why I own so many.

B said...

bahahahaha! how cool is that?! :D