Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring Break--Evening Edition

This week is my very first spring break in my entire college career, and sadly it means nothing. I always thought spring breaks were cool, party-filled, friend-filled extravaganzas... perhaps I was misinformed. Or maybe it's because I'm a lame-o and still have to work. Spring breaks just don't mean the same thing when you're working a full-time job without a whole lot of vacation time.

While at BYU, I never got a spring break (although I didn't complain about it... too much... because we got out at the end of April). Now that I have one... not only do I have to work, but I have tons of homework to do. Dang graduate degrees!

Anyway, despite the fact that I'm working all week (although I do get Friday off, so yay!), I'm trying to make the most of my evenings without class:

Tonight I went to the dollar theater with a few friends and saw The Fighter. While I wouldn't say it was the best movie, it made me heart Mark Wahlberg even more (yes, I'll admit... I have a secret crush on Marky Mark). Side note: If you go to see it in the hopes that you'll see Christian Bale and his handsome physique (which does not get me up in the morning, mind you), you will be sorely disappointed.

Tomorrow I'm planning on catching up on some homework (I got to one of these days) and some Hulu and Netflix.

Wednesday night I'm going with a few friends to see The Adjustment Bureau. I don't care what anyone says about it, I'm going solely to see Matt Damon (another secret crush of mine).

Thursday and Friday are still tentative, but I'm sure it'll be something cool and exciting.

Saturday I'll have book club and that is always fun, since I hear we are having tons of various cupcakes. :)

So, even though it's been 6 years since I've had a real full-fledged spring break, this year will just have to be the evening edition.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Sounds like you're making the most of your almost spring break. And, yes, there WILL be tons of cupcakes!