Monday, June 16, 2008

My First Real Job

Yes, after feeling lost, confused, and without direction, I have found a real world job, and as a bonus it's actually a job that has something to do with my degree. Granted, it's not the most glamorous or exciting of occupations, but I'm trying to look on the bright side of things, ok. Hmmm, ok, I'll tell you what the job is before I describe the positives because I know that you are just in complete wonder as to what my job entails.

I am the assistant editor, in which I do technical editing, for the Society of Petroleum Engineers. I will edit technical papers that will be published in 5 different journals for the engineers of SPE.

Ok, go ahead and laugh, but once you see the positives you'll stop laughing.

1) It's a real world job
2) meaning I get a salary
3) and benefits.
4) My title is assistant editor, and it sounds very official.
5) I will get more real world editing experience
6) speaking of which, I'm actually doing a job that applies to my degree.
7) This job also has a program that has tuition reimbursement
8) which means I can get a master's while I'm working.

Ok, that's all of the positives I can think of at the moment, but that's a pretty good list for now. No, this isn't something I want to be doing for the rest of my life, but its a good job to start off with. I mean it's an actual job; how awesome is that? Look how cool my letterhead/ email signatures will be:

Mattie E. Tanner
Assistant Editor
Society of Petroleum Engineers

WOW. Awesome.

1 comment:

B said...

Congratulations, Miss Mattie, Assistant Editor!!! :) You're right. It DOES sound official.