Sunday, December 27, 2009

November--Speed Reading

I was hoping that by me doing speed reading it would be a quick thing. The month of November was pretty crazy for me (you know... making a wedding cake and all). I bought A Complete Idiot's Guide to Speed Reading, and I read about four chapters and then gave up.

If I really concentrate, I can read fast. But, my problem is that most of the time, I read to read, not to get information, which is why speed reading is kind of hard for me. I got to the point where I started "speed reading" the speed reading book.

A major point in the guide is that you're supposed to practice and time yourself. Well, I really didn't have time to do either let alone finish reading the book! I'll have to revisit it again, so I can really get better at speed reading.

But, at this point in time, my secret to speed reading is... audio books.

December is the last one in my "learn something new every month" resolution. Let's hope I finish out strong.

No comments: