Friday, December 25, 2009

Texas White Christmas

So I realize that my most recent post gave the impression that I have been rather lacking in Christmas spirit. Lest you worry, I wanted to clear up the fact that I did find some in time for Christmas. Turns out viewing a few choice films from the canon really did the trick.

Granted, I don't think I'll ever obtain the child-like glee I once had about Christmas (except perhaps when I have children of my own), but for now, I'm ok with that. I have been rather busy these last few weeks with trying to prepare for Christmas. Last week I was baking up a storm I tell you! But luckily, the busy-ness subsided this week and I was able to enjoy a rather relaxing Christmas Eve and day.

Now, living in Texas, there is no way I would expect there to be a "white Christmas." It just couldn't possibly happen. But, lucky for me Texas tried the best it could. Perhaps it was the constant playing of "Let it Snow" and other snow and winter-related songs on the radio, or maybe it was the 24/7 showing of "White Christmas" on A&E. Whatever it was, on Christmas eve afternoon it started snowing! Now, it wasn't enough to play in, or enough to really coat the ground (like I said it's Texas), but it was good enough for me.

(This was during the day when it started snowing.)
(This was Christmas eve night when it was still snowing.)

The snow stuck around for most of the morning on Christmas day, but eventually it turned into ice and then slowly melted by the afternoon. It was fun while it lasted. I guess all the dreaming of a white Christmas with all those Christmas cards I wrote and sent on the 23rd really worked!

Hope y'all had a very merry Christmas! And if you don't celebrate this holiday, I hope you had a good day staying at home since practically everything was closed!

No comments: