Saturday, April 24, 2010

I Just Have Three Words...

I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!




Ok, so I have a little more than three words, because I'm sure y'all are like, what the heck is she talking about? Back in January/February I completed my application for a Master's program. What and Where? Well, I'm getting to that...

It's at University of Texas at Dallas (UTD), and it just so happens to be right down the street from where I work. Yes, I am going to keep working while I'm going to school; it's going to be FUN! Upon completion of this program, I will receive a Master of Arts in Emerging Media and Communication. It's basically a mix of technology, communications, and a light smattering of humanities classes that cover how the internet, social networks, podcasts, youtube, etc. can be used to disperse media. It sounds freakin' cool (at least I think/hope so), and I'm excited to get started.

It took a while to finally get my acceptance, but I finally realized I had been accepted after my advisor kindly reminded me that I should check online through their student center to see my status. I believe registration for classes opens up on Monday, and I've already looked and decided what classes to take (I'm going to try for 3 this semester. Let's hope I don't die.)

All three classes are at night once a week (Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights) and they go till 9:45pm. Ummm I realize I'm pretty used to staying up late, but I'll be honest, this is going to be hard. Hopefully, I'll be ok, and I won't be too sleep deprived. If I start turning into a zombie, I'll let you know before I reach the stage where I'll desire your brains.

Today, I finally received my official acceptance letter in the mail. It said: "The UT Dallas Committee on Graduate Studies congratulates you on your admission to the graduate program in Emerging Media and Communicati for the 2010 Fall semester" (emphasis added).

Yeah... "Communicati"

That's the school I'll be going to!!! YAY!

1 comment:

Erika said...

"Communicati" is just to demonstrate the 'emerging' part. It's deep, very deep.