Friday, December 30, 2011

Because I'm So Excited-Part 2 AKA: My Family Is Awesome

I've already shared my excitement over what my friends got me for Christmas and now I can't wait to show off what I got from my family this year. Some I knew were coming, but some were a surprised, and some were fake (more on that later), but the real presents were great and Christmas was lovely.

Part 2: If my friends know me well, I'd say my family knows me even better.
 My parents got me a cover and this adorable decal for my new macbook air, which I bought after Thanksgiving. (Wait did I not tell you guys about that? Yeah... I bought a macbook air. Umm the end.) Yes, I asked for these things, but I still loved getting them anyway. :)


My family also bought me all of the series of Doctor Who with David Tennant as the Doctor (because remember I basically love him?) as well as last year's Doctor Who Christmas special with Matt Smith as the Eleventh Doctor. I had asked for these things, but what I had not asked for was Sherlock and I was so excited when I opened it. To which my mom said, "I got that at a discount because I was buying all those other things." Love it. My mom is great.
 Then my brother Cameron, who is also a huge Doctor Who fan and had been bugging me for the longest time to finally sit down and watch it, bought me this awesome mug in the shape of the Tardis as well as this awesome T-shirt:

For those unfamiliar, "Allons-y" is French for "let's go" and it's a phrase that the Tenth Doctor (David Tennant) says all the time throughout the series.

I also got the Michael Buble Christmas CD from my little sister and some great jewelry and makeup from my Aunt, some PJs, and of course some gift cards and money from the grandparents, which is always greatly appreciated by me.

Oh yeah... the fake gifts. STORY TIME:
So, a few years ago I had bought a bunch of dishes that were on sale with the intention of using them when I moved out on my own. Well now that I am on my own, I had left the dishes mostly cause I forgot but also because my roommate already had tons of dishes and we kind of don't have a lot of room. Well my brothers thought it'd be hilarious to take those dishes and crappily wrap them and put them under the tree for me and say they were from random people like "Hobo Joe" or "Fate" or "Destiny" etc. It was mildly amusing, only I figured out what they had done before Christmas, and so my brother was very upset that I knew what they were. Well... at least he tried I guess.

Overall this Christmas was most unlike any other Christmas we've had, but it was still great. We didn't end up doing any of our normal traditions, which I'm usually adamant that we do, but this year I really didn't mind at all. Now that I'm no longer under the same roof with my family, I just mainly really enjoy being with them, and so that's what I liked the most about Christmas. We just hung out together, played games, watched The Nerdist, the Doctor Who Christmas special, and some other Christmas movies. I loved it.

So how about you guys? Did you guys have a good Christmas? Do anything exciting? Get anything that you want to show off?

2 comments:

anna said...

yes.

Miss Nesbit said...

Haha which question are you answering? I want you to post a video of you playing your new guitar.