Thursday, December 22, 2011

When I'm Rich, I, Too, Will Have A Custom-Made Christmas Statue

Every year my family goes to look at Christmas lights. We used to do it on Christmas Eve, but the places we normally went got so crowded and jam-packed that we have since moved our traditional Christmas light sight-seeing to an earlier weekend.

In recent years we started going into the fancy neighborhoods in Dallas to look at lights. You know... the houses where they hire people to put up lights instead of doing it themselves. While they are all very pretty to look at, there are two houses in particular that we try to find every year to look at.

The first one is HUGE and they have lights and animated things everywhere AND it plays music. They are conveniently located in a spot where you can drive/see around their entire house (mostly) so you can follow the drive around and still be looking at the same house. I wasn't able to take a video of it this year (and couldn't find the one my roommate took last year), but because youtube is awesome, I found a few videos other people took of this same house:



My second favorite house we almost couldn't find this year (we always forget the address every year), but I was determined to find it and we weren't allowed to leave the neighborhood until we did. AND luckily we turned the corner and there it was in all it's glory.

Unlike the previous house with all the lights and animated figures and music, this house has only one thing, but it's so great I love it. All it has is a giant custom-made statue that they put out every Christmas:





If you notice, every present has a name on it, for I'm assuming, every person in the family. I'm assuming those kids are also made to look similar to the kids in the family as well, but who knows. But, my favorite part of this statue, is the creepy butler dude chasing after Santa and the kids he's clearly kidnapped in his sleigh:

I mean I realize that he wants to make sure "Debbie" gets her gift, but what about all the other presents for everyone else lying on the ground not in the sleigh? I don't know I just get really happy every time I see this statue every year because it just cracks me up. That butler guy is seriously the greatest thing. When I'm really rich someday and can have a custom-made statue with all of my family members names on it that I only pull out during Christmas and the rest of the year store in my spare house, the creepy butler will have to be incorporated somehow.

Oh, and here's my brother showing his love for the statue as well:

2 comments:

Lorri said...

Love it! There was a house in the Bronx we would visit because it had a yard of Christmas manikins and the nativity with sequin clad angels. Your crazy butler gives my manikins a run for their money.

Miss Nesbit said...

Christmas mannequins??? Sequin clad angels?? I don't know those both sound fabulously awful! Have any pictures?