Sunday, May 30, 2010

New York, New York!

As most of you already know I'm leaving soon for a vacation I've been planning for a while (and have been dreaming about even longer). I'm going to leave for New York City on Wednesday, and I'll return on the next Wednesday. I think a lot of you can't wait for me to leave since I've been talking about it a ton, and I'm sure you're tired of hearing about it. For that, I apologize. But, I'm finally going, and I'm super excited!

The only reason why I followed through with my impulse to buy a cheap ticket to NYC is because I have an amazing awesome friend in New York who is letting me stay with her!!! Otherwise, I don't think I would have gone. My friend is fantastic, and she lives in the Bronx and is nice enough to let me crash on her couch while I'm there. Thanks Lorri, you're the best!

I've got tons of stuff planned. I talked to all of my friends that had been or lived in New York, I bought maps, I researched on the internet, and I bought a couple travel guide books. After my extensive research, I have made an itinerary for a fun-filled week in Manhattan. I've got all the top things, Empire State Building, MoMA, Guggenheim, Rockefeller Center, Ground Zero, Brooklyn Bridge, Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island, a couple Broadway shows, etc., not to mention some great famous restaurants and shops/destinations. Want to know what I've got planned? Yeah, I thought so.

Here is my itinerary: (Click here.)

A few of the days are "wandering around" or "shopping days" so I just listed a few main places, but times are flexible. Friday is my shopping and wandering 5th Avenue, and Saturday I'm wandering around Little Italy and Chinatown.

But, Thursday, I've decided is 30 Rock day. I'm planning on waking up super early on Thursday morning to stand outside of the Today show, then I'm going on the NBC studio tour, and then a TV/Movie sites bus tour, and then Top of the Rock. If you too are an early morning person, look for me on Thursday on the Today show with the following sign:

If you see me let me know! I'm making my parents DVR it for me so I can see if I can see myself.

And, if you're not a morning person but a night owl, on Monday, June 7th, I'm going to the taping of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, so look for me in the audience then. No sign, but you might see me. Who knows.

If you're interested in the fun things I'm doing and any crazy things I see while on my adventure in New York, follow me on Twitter (or look on the left hand side of my blog for my twitter feed). I'll update my Facebook occasionally, but my twitter I'll update more often. When I get back, believe you me, there'll be a follow-up blog post. Until then!

2 comments:

Lari said...

I love how you can see Mike Holmes from "Holmes on Homes" in the background on the TV in the second pic. LOL!

Alison said...

I'm so excited to hear all about it when you get back!! Hope you have a great time!!