Friday, May 27, 2011

FOTW: Chris O'Dowd

This week's FOTW was a last minute change. As you might have noticed, it's coming a little later in the week than normal. I didn't have a post already lined up and I was trying to think about who it should be. I had a few in mind that had come about because of recent conversations, but now I'm REALLY glad I didn't just put one of them up (they'll get on here eventually, I'm sure). Why?

Because I saw Bridesmaids last night, and not only did I laugh my butt off, but I fell in love.

First off, if you haven't seen Bridesmaids and you are a female between the ages of 20 and 70 and not morally opposed to Rated R movies, you need to go see this film. Not only is it hilarious but it is also touching and has a great message.

Second, the man who plays the main love interest is ADORABLE!!! The whole time I kept thinking, this main is cute, has an accent, and his character is just so dang precious! As soon as I came home, I looked him up on IMDB. Chris O'Dowd (the last picture is him in my favorite part in Bridesmaids):



Turns out, I've seen him before, only he had a full beard and played a bad guy (it was Gulliver's Travels, which I'm sure none of you saw. What can I say? I'm a fan of Jack Black.). He hasn't been in much stuff, at least nothing I've really seen, but he is cute. Not a hunk, but adorable nonetheless.

Now, it could be because of the character he plays in Bridesmaids, which I would like to add I was not the only one who fell in love with them in that theater because there were several women behind us that were ooh-ing and aww-ing right along with me. His character is so sweet and tries to do well and be supportive/encouraging to Kristen Wiig's character, and you just can't help but love him.

Also... did I mention he has an accent? Because he does... he's Irish!

So a little belated but well worth it, the FOTW is Chris O'Dowd.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel a little stupid for asking, but what does FOTW mean?

Miss Nesbit said...

FOTW is "Flavor of the week"