Sunday, May 29, 2011

While in San Diego...

I pretty much decided that I want to get married here:
San Diego LDS Temple
And then have my reception/stay the night here:
Lodge at Torrey Pines

Lodge at Torrey Pines
Also you should watch this incredibly over-the-top video they have advertising their lodge: Click Here. (And yes, there really are kilt-wearing men that open your car, and REAL bellhops all dressed up like they are in movies with a hat and everything that take care of your luggage). (Side note: I felt super sorry for the kilted men because it was REALLY cold outside... I hope they had some covering on underneath unlike real Scottish men.)

The lodge was where my family had a luncheon after my cousin's graduation (the reason why we went to San Diego in the first place). It's famous for its golf course because it's where they had the 2008 US Open (cool, but ummm don't care about golf). It has a view of the ocean, it is beautiful, and the food was freakin' amazing. I would definitely love to get that food again (hence the wedding reception idea).

To me, I think this is a wonderful plan, except for the whole... I need to find a man to marry first. Oh and the fact that this would cost a FORTUNE, and therefore either I need to come into some money through a long lost relative or publishing a best-seller/becoming famous OR my future husband has to be rolling in some Benjamins himself.

Yeah... we'll see if my wish actually comes true. But, other than that, San Diego was beautiful and cold which I loved since when I came back to Texas it was disgustingly hot (in comparison) and I wanted to go back immediately. I actually don't think I'd mind living there either, but we'll see if that ever happens either. Here's a few other pics to enjoy:
Me at the beach on Coronado

Some beautiful plants on the University of San Diego campus
Went to the Mormon Battalion historical site (which was way fun and interactive, definitely recommend if you're in the area)

My awesome family purposefully taking an awkward family photo

5 comments:

anna said...

looks like you had yourself some fun while down there in san diego!
and i'm with you on the san diego temple. its BEAUTIFUL.
actually, despite my love for disneyland, my favorite place in cali would have to be san diego. so, if you ever do get to moving out there, perhaps i'll tag along! :)

Miss Nesbit said...

Yes! It was fantastic. And I've always loved the San Diego, and it's so much more massive and beautiful in person!

Please, let's move there together!

Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren said...

Ooo...I want to go to San Diego! It looks beautiful!

Also, we have the same goals in life: find a man and come into money. We should get together and compare notes!

Miss Nesbit said...

Hahaha yes! Let's do it!