Friday, June 03, 2011

FOTW: 80s Edition

So, I don't know if you know this, but I have a Tumblr. It's kind of like a blog but kind of like Twitter, and I love it. I've "met" so many cool people on there and learned more about those I already knew. I like it. Don't worry, I won't be abandoning you for Tumblr, but I enjoy it. Anywhos, they have a bunch of 30-day challenges that float around on Tumblr that you can do, and being bored and in a Tumblr lull, so to speak, I decided to do one of the challenges. I picked one about movies (of course).

One of the questions (and the fact Joy Luck Club was on TV a few days ago, which I totally forgot he was in), reminded me how much I adored (and still kind of do) this man:
Andrew McCarthy

He is in one of my guilty pleasure 80s movies: Mannequin. I love it. For more explanation click here.

So yeah, I always thought Andrew McCarthy was way cute, and he's definitely not terrible looking now-a-days (see the last picture in the slideshow). In the 90s, (after his hey-day "brat pack" years in the 80s) he sure did make a lot of made for TV movies. And apparently he's been in some TV shows recently, but I haven't seen them. I still like to remember him as his 80s self. :)

FOTW: A blast from the past and a reminder of how some 80s movies will live on forever. :)

No comments: