Sunday, July 24, 2011

Life Without Immediate Internet Access

IS HARD YO!

I haven't had Internet at my apartment (and won't have it until tomorrow night), and I am currently at my parental's house posting this. Who knew not having instant access to the Internet whenever I want would be so hard. It's not like I'm completely without it. I have it while I'm at work, and I have an iPhone for crying out loud, and I recently discovered that I could walk about 2 minutes (probably less than that; I'm not good at guesstimating) to my apartment complex's pool and access their free wifi (which I have done twice now). But, despite being able to access stuff on my iPhone, there are just some things I'd rather do on a computer (like blogging for example). And as much as I wanted to blog away at work... I figured my first week at the new job would probably not be the best time to be blogging.

SO, this is a short post letting you know that I've missed you guys and my ability to post whenever I want because I had 24/7 access to the Internet. Never fear, I have some FOTWs planned that are going to be AWESOME and some personal blog posts that I'm sure you're dying to read about my apartment and moving and the new job and what not (don't lie to me, I know you've been wondering).

As soon as I have the Internet hooked up tomorrow after 8pm, I will be blogging up a storm.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried stealing your neighbor's internet? Sometimes I do it just to look at their stupid user names. Our hillbilly neighbor's name is like, "Redneck4ever."

Miss Nesbit said...

I tried and they are all locked and require a password. Some are pretty standard: "Mohammad" "Mikeslap" but some of them have got quite creative with their names: "No Signal" "Salvation" Initially my roommate thought we should name ours "Mountain, come Mohammad" but we decided that'd be kind of offensive. So I suggested "Nacho cheese" We'll see what we go with tonight. :)

Grant Kellie said...

I always feel pathetic when I lose internet access for a while. This week I was without for two days and I thought I was going nuts.

Anonymous said...

We were in Wilmington, and if you've ever been to the old south, it's a very conservative place. We were in this old lady store, there were like 5 tiny old ladies in there and my sister turned her iPhone on and all the networks that were in the store popped up and first one was called "dildo lover." So far that's the worst I've ever seen. Especially coming from a little 80 year old lady...

Lauren said...

Omg - I totes understand! I'm not sure what it says about me that I find it VERY inconvenient anytime I do not have immediate and fast internet access. I guess I'm a product of my generation?? Still, so, so annoying!

Miss Nesbit said...

Grant, I don't know how you handled it. Just not having it at home or on the weekends is making me upset. So sad how much we are dependent on it huh?

Lauren, YES! I'm sure I am too. Curse our reliance on the interwebs!