Friday, July 09, 2010

I am okay.

So, I realize that my previous post was kind of depressing. I am sorry. I just had to get my thoughts and feelings out, and unfortunately/fortunately my blog is the easiest way for me to do that. Last week was my grandmother's funeral, and my friend was right when she told me it would be very cathartic. On the day of the service/burial I didn't even bother wearing any eye make-up cause it would be a waste. I'm glad I didn't, cause I cried during the whole service. But, after that, I was ok.

It was actually a good trip because I kind of got some closure and I got to see some of my extended family that I hadn't seen in years. I got to see my cousins, which was great because I really don't know them very well. I got to eat delicious Mexican food (several times in fact), and I got to talk and listen about why my grandma was so great.

It is times like these that I am so grateful for my knowledge of the Gospel and for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. My cousins, who are not members of the church, were having a very rough time, more so than me. My family tried to help them and share our testimony with them. I love knowing that I will see my grandma again and that if I live righteously I can be with her after this life. I just hope that my cousins can know that too.

Anyway, now that I'm back, I'm doing better, and I think my mom's doing okay. I'm sure there will be moments for all of us when we'll wonder where grandma is, or remember we should tell her something, only to realize she's not here or we can't tell her. But, I guess that's all part of losing someone, huh?
It'll be okay. I'm okay, and for now, that's... okay.

P.S. I promise I'll have better posts soon. :)

1 comment:

Alison said...

I know this is really late, but I'm glad things went well considering the circumstances. Love you!