Monday, July 12, 2010

Today I am 24...

and it's a good normal feeling. I told a friend that I've felt like I've been 24 for awhile now, so it's not a big thing. Although, I will say I'm glad it's official now. I might not have told you this before, but I'm a huge fan of even numbers, so I'm REALLY glad I am no longer 23.

Today would have been like any other Monday, except for the fact that my friends and family are awesome! My family is out of town, but they all skyped me to sing Happy Birthday to me. I had tons of friends and cousins text me today (which, I'll be honest, I don't remember getting this many birthday texts before in previous years), several coworkers wished me a happy birthday (and one even put a banner up above my cube), one friend emailed along with a few companies who sent me birthday coupons, the guy who scans my card at the gym, the ATM, and of course there's always the multiple facebook wall posts.

Ahhh Facebook. What would we do without you? I love it, cause on my birthday it's the one time a year that I have high school friends I haven't talked to in YEARS tell me "Happy Birthday." I realize that as I age the number of people that remind me it's my birthday on facebook will slowly decline, but I'm going to enjoy it now while I can. I thanked every single person that wrote on my wall, and occasionally I started conversations with them. I don't know what it is, but I love doing that, especially when my birthday is the only time we talk.

Today would have been any other day, but because of my friends and family, it felt a little more special. Thanks guys!

1 comment:

Rhia Jean said...

This is going to sound really kind of maybe weird, but I really like being able to send b-day wishes via fb or text because then I don't have to have the awkward phone b-day conversation (on their b-day or on mine). It goes something like this:
Me: Happy birthday!
Them: Thanks
(crickets)
Me: So...did you have a good day?
Them: Yeah, it's been alright.
(crickets)
Me: So...what did you do for your birthday?
Them: Nothing really. It was just a normal day.
(crickets)
Me: Okay, so I gotta go.
Them: (sigh of relief) Okay bye.