Thursday, July 29, 2010

YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS!!!

Last night, I was lucky enough to go with a friend to see a free pre-screening of Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. The same person that created Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz (which I've heard are hilarious, but have unfortunately never seen) directed and wrote Scott Pilgrim. You know, if that encourages you at all...

And for some more encouragement, here's the trailer:

This movie was A-MAZ-ING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I absolutely loved it. It was hilarious and quirky and very original and creative and unique. Since this movie is based off a comic book, the movie is a mix between a video game and a comic book. It has scenes and shots that look like they were frames taken straight out of the graphic novel, and also battle scenes just like something that would be on Mortal Kombat or some similar video game. Remember when that 1st The Incredible Hulk movie came out and Ang Lee tried to make it like the comic book with triple frames etc.? Remember how it just looked dumb? Well Scott Pilgrim pulls it off and instead they look awesome. No really.

Now, I realize some of you might see this trailer and think, this looks stupid. But, you really need to just go with an open mind and just accept what happens. Suspend your disbelief, people! No, it's not reality, and you know what, that's ok.

It comes out Aug. 13th, and I highly recommend you go and see this movie. I don't say this very often, so you know it's a really great movie.

Random side note: They showed one preview before the showing, and it was this one:

I think the entire audience was slightly confused but open (you know, suspending their disbelief, giving it a chance) for the beginning. But, after the "suspense" and pure craziness started in the elevator, I think everyone was thinking, what is this? Who made this cause it looks stupid? And as soon as M. Night Shyamalan's name appeared on the screen, there was very loud audible sighs of exasperation and even some moans and groans of "Really?" Even I said out loud, "Oh of course" and rolled my eyes. It was HILARIOUS! And the 2 rows of movie critics that were also in the theater (especially the 2 I heard behind me) thought it was very telling. The one behind me said, "Wow. Just the appearance of his name brings exasperating sighs." Poor M. Night... perhaps he's loosing his touch?

2 comments:

Wes said...

How did you get to see it early? A lot of my friends have been pretty excited to see it.

Miss Nesbit said...

I've signed up for emails from pretty much every movie theater in my area, and occasionally when they are having a pre-screening, they'll email everyone on their list. Basically you just print out the email and it gets you an a friend in. The only thing is you have to get there early cause there's only so many seats in the theater and they send it out to a bajillion people. But, yeah, so everyone once in a while I'll get an email for a pre-screening and if i can I try to go cause, not only do you get to see it before everyone else, but it's free!