Tuesday, March 24, 2009

More than Just Movies and Editing

I know that it might sound a little far-fetched, but there really is more to me than grammar and movies. What are you talking about, Mattie? Well, let me explain with two examples. My boss whenever he makes "small talk" with me asks me either about Utah (since I went to BYU) or if I'd seen any movies lately. Every time.

Second example: there's this one guy (same guy that noticed my haircut at the dance) that whenever he sees me and talks with me, he always asks me about grammar rules. Every time. I realize that movies and editing/grammar are very much a part of what I am, but I do have other interests and skills.

It's almost as if they don't want to get to know me more, so they stick with asking me about what they already know about me. Ok, fine you don't have to get to know me and we don't have to become best friends. But asking me the same questions every time you see me does not make me feel like answering you. The least you could do is ask me about something else. "What other things do you like?" "What are some of your hobbies?" How hard is that? Seriously? If you are going to ask me the same questions, when I know you don't really care about the answers, you might as well not even ask/talk to me.

But, if you are willing to know a little more about me than my opinions/knowledge of movies and grammar, please come talk to me. I'd love to share with you my knowledge/opinions on other things like books, TV shows, crafts, art, games, etc. I promise I am an interesting person. There is more to me than movie trivia and grammar. Really. All you have to do is ask.

No comments: