Saturday, March 07, 2009

Quest to Replace Old Blue--Part 2

When we last left our heroine, she was on a quest to find a new steed to take her in her travels. After a rather disappointing experience with her first test drive at the dealership, she still did not lose hope, and continued on to the next. And now back to her story...

I did some more research and decided to look into the Honda CR-V. A few weekends after the first test drive at the Suzuki dealership, my dad and I went over to the Honda dealership to try my hand at the CR-V.
Well unlike the rather dismal welcomage by the Suzuki dealership, we had a salesman outside jumping to help us inside. He offered us drinks and asked if we needed anything. It was overwhelming how nice he was... a little too nice.

He went over the features, the different versions etc. He asked me what color I'd like (and I'm thinking he might want to know in case I decide to buy), and I said, "Well, I'm just test driving, but I am somewhat partial to the blue. But, I'll take whatever, really." Then the guy says, ok, well let me go find a car so you can test drive it. Then he leaves. He's gone for a good 10, 12 minutes. He comes back into the dealership all out of breath saying that he's trying to find the color car that I want, but that there are other cars parked in front of it that he has to move. Wow, seriously? I just want to test drive it, there's one right there in the front.

So, after all of his hard work (that I felt really bad about) he let me test drive one. We drove around and he told me about the great things. You know what salesmen are supposed to tell you about. As we came back to the dealership, I decided that while I really liked the CR-V (and would most likely get it), I still didn't have as much money as I would like to put down, and I wanted to test drive a few other cars first. I told the salesman this, and he said ok and let me go.

It was a good experience, except for the fact that the salesman kept calling me, and calling me, and calling me over and over again. I would even tell him I'm still waiting, and he just didn't get it. He would wait like a week and then call me again. It was so annoying. I mean I loved his dedication, but I mean after the 10th time, I was tired of answering. He kept calling me all through October, November, December.

Then finally in January I told him (again) to stop calling, that I wasn't ready to buy right now, and when I was I would call him. He finally got the hint, and he hasn't called again. Thank goodness cause it was almost making me feel like I didn't want to buy a car from him while in the beginning I did cause he was so dedicated, but then it just got aggravating. So, by this point, the Honda CR-V (possibly from another dealer) is my top pick replacement. But, I found out about some other cars I wanted to test drive before I made my final decision, meaning I had to brave a few more dealerships again... stay tuned for Part 3 in the 4 part series...

No comments: