Friday, March 27, 2009

Quest to Replace Old Blue Part 3

When we last left our heroine, she had found a viable option but was berated by the salesman. Continuing on her journey to once again brave another dealership or two. We now take you back to her story:
With a renewed determination to narrow down which car I should buy, I again went back to the internet to research what other cars I could possibly want. I found that Toyota had just come out with the Venza.It's very similar to the Honda CR-V, so I decided I should test drive it. Right next to the Toyota dealership is the Nissan dealership. So, on the same day, I could test drive the Venza and the Nissan Rogueand Murano (it's a little bigger than the Rogue).So, again my dad and I, on a Saturday, drive over to the Toyota dealership. The salesguy is incredibly nice at first, and he offers all kinds of things. When we sit down and I try to tell him I want to test drive the Venza, he asks me questions like I'm going to buy it. Asking me what features I want, how I'd pay, etc. I emphasize that I just want to test drive, and apparently he didn't like that. He leaves and comes back saying that they are sold out and the one he has in the front has already been sold. He says sorry he can't help and we leave. He didn't give me a card, he didn't get my phone number, nothing. Fine. The Venza was too expensive for me anyway.

On to the next! Nissan. The guy was great; he was definitely new because he had to start over. It was funny. I definitely liked the Murano better than the Rogue, but both are more expensive and "luxurious" than I would like. The Nissan guy did call a few times after the test drive, but he wasn't as annoying as the Honda guy.

Well, it's been a while since my many test drives, so what is my problem? I feel like the Honda CR-V is my best bet, but I want to save up more money to put down so I have a smaller monthly payment. I don't know when I'll get it, but hopefully it's soon. When I have to juggle with my family for a car to go somewhere, I get more and more desirous for my own car. We'll see when it happens. Part 4 of my quest will come; I just don't know when. Stay tuned (and enjoy my other random happenings in the meantime.

2 comments:

Devin and Rebecca said...

Ridiculous! Have you tried Hyundais?

Miss Nesbit said...

I haven't tried any Hyundais. They don't really have any cars that I like, so I didn't really look into it any more.