Saturday, April 30, 2011

Alone at the Movies

On Wednesday I decided that I would go to the movies by myself, something I'm pretty sure I have never done in my life. Somehow I always think I'll hate it or I'll look like a loser if I go alone. That and I always want to talk about the movie afterwards, and how can I do that if I went by myself?

Well, I had a coupon for a movie that would expire on Thursday, so I had to use it on Wednesday, my only available day, and since my mom decided she'd rather study and take practice tests, I went alone.

It wasn't that bad.

It helped that I went and saw what turned out to be a rather cute/good movie (Water For Elephants). But, I got a rather good seat since it was just me (something I found out when I was getting seated to be on Jimmy Fallon in New York), and the ladies next to me were pretty nice.

The movie was surprisingly good. I haven't read the book (although it was on my long list of ones I'd get to someday), and with that said, I really liked the movie (not sure how it compares though). I love Reese Witherspoon, but I am not a huge fan of Robert Pattinson. BUT, someone must have taught him how to act because he wasn't half bad. And, I've decided he definitely looks way better when he has some color in him and doesn't look like he's in pain all the time.

So, I recommend going to see Water For Elephants, and being willing to go to the movies alone. It wasn't terrible, and I might do it again. Who knows?

No comments: