Wednesday, August 17, 2011

FOTW: Tyler Hoechlin

As a new resident of Richardson, my first order of business was to get me a library card. I was mainly getting it so I wouldn't have to shell out money to buy our book club pick this month, but also because I hear that the Richardson library has a great selection of DVDs. And you know I loves me the movies.

Anyways, I dragged my roommate with me as well and after we both received our cards, I went straight to the info desk because I didn't want to go searching around for the book I wanted (Matched). Well turns out there were already 16 people on the waiting list for it, so I gave up and decided I'll just have to buy it (I downloaded the audiobook actually). So, since we were conveniently right by the DVDs/CDs, we walked around and browsed.

I picked a few CDs I liked, and then while looking through the movies I came across Road to Perdition. Now this movie I've always been meaning to watch. I had seen it, but it was the CleanFlicks version so I was super confused and didn't know what the heck was going on because they had cut so much stuff out (don't get me started on what CleanFlicks did to my beloved Love Actually). After that I swore that I would watch the actual movie so I could understand it. After telling my roommate this story, she convinced me to get the movie.

On the weekend I decided I had some time and decided to watch it (that and it was going to be due soon). I'm happy to say I now know what happened and I do think it was a good movie. After watching it I decided to look it up on IMDB (what you don't do that?). I was mainly looking it up so I could see if this boy had done anything else after filming Road to Perdition:

He seemed like a cute kid in the movie and I wondered what happened to him and what he looked like now. When I clicked on his IMDB page and found the following, you wouldn't BELIEVE how shocked I was. No seriously, mouth hanging open, eyes popping out of my head shocked:

Yeah. See what I mean?

Turns out the kid's name is Tyler Hoechlin and he is only a year younger than me (with his birthday being on 9/11 which has got to be difficult, right?). He was apparently in 7th Heaven, but I never watched that show. He is, according to IMDB of course, an amazing baseball player and got into his college on a baseball scholarship. Since he's been pursuing baseball, he hasn't done much acting, but was close runners up to Shia LaBeouf in Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle, AND Robert Pattison in Twilight (I hope he's counting his lucky stars he didn't get that role). But he was most recently in the new Teen Wolf, which I've also never seen (umm it was on MTV and I don't ever watch that channel), but now I'm slightly intrigued.

His next film Melvin Smarty is in post-production and looks rather obscure, but if he looks like this in it... I might go see it anyway.

2 comments:

anna said...

what a tease you are, leaving a black picture of what he looks like now! *shakes fist in rage*
now i'm going to go to imdb to look for myself...
even though i have no idea who that is.

Miss Nesbit said...

It's a slideshow of pictures. It works on my comp. so I'm not sure why you can't see it... :( They really are lovely to look at. You should try it again.