Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I'm such a nerd

Today was my first class this semester and not going to lie, I totally missed school. Not really all the work and reading involved, but all my classmates and feeling like I was learning new things and engaging in stimulating, thought-provoking, philosophical conversation. Not that I didn't have those conversations this summer but it's just different in a school type setting with people that know what you're talking about.

I didn't realize how much I missed seeing my classmates till we had a mini reunion before and after class. No seriously, we all gave each other hugs and asked how the summer went, etc. Last year a few classmates and I would always end up standing in the parking lot after class to have a discussion on the most random topics, but we would love the discussion so much that we'd end up staying out there really late. We had one tonight, and though we didn't have one as long as usual, I loved every minute of it. We laughed, complained about our class or the stupid and/or annoying people in it, and just enjoyed each other's company and stories. It was refreshing, not to mention that it was actually cool outside for this parking lot convo.

Of course, I might be changing my tune and complaining about how I'm going to die or how I'm super stressed as the semester progresses, but someone remind of this post and how I said I missed it, okay?

Also, I leave for Utah tomorrow, so hopefully I survive that straight-through 21 hour drive. :) Don't miss me too much while I'm gone loves!!

No comments: