Thursday, August 11, 2011

VERY Belated FOTW: Harry Potter Edition

So I meant to post this a while ago, but the whole moving and lack of Internet at my apartment thing prevented me from doing much of anything. Not to mention, I needed to take my final and you know... study. But rest-assured, I have been thinking about what/who to put in this post, and I'd like to think some of these may be somewhat unexpected and all of them are from Harry Potter, you know in honor of the final movie coming out and all. (For some awesome pictures of me dressed up at the midnight showing and description, check out my friend Anna's blog.)



First up is Tom Felton who played Draco Malfoy. I would like to say, I think he is way more attractive as himself than he is as bleach-blonde Draco:

That hair makes him look super washed out. But, with his normal hair, he is definitely cuter. Of course Harry Potter wasn't his first gig. Does anyone remember him as Peagreen in The Borrowers??? Cause I certainly do. :) Anyway, he plays the annoying, bratty kid pretty well. So well, in fact, that he plays a much similar character in the upcoming Rise of the Planet of the Apes, which I totally want to see! I'm excited to see what other roles he'll take on now that his Harry Potter days are behind him, and I hope he'll get to play the good guy every now and then.

Next up is the very handsome and sexy Jason Isaacs who plays the evil Lucius Malfoy (aka Draco's dad). Again, I hate the way he looks as Lucius:

I'm sorry but long blonde hair only looks good on women or Legolas. But look at those pictures when he's normal!!! He's very attractive. He's been in lots of other things, probably most well known in America (after HP) is probably the new live action Peter Pan (he played Captain Hook/Mr. Darling). He's apparently in the new upcoming movie Abduction, which stars Taylor Lautner, and let's be honest, I'll probably end up seeing it just so I can see Taylor Lautner with and without his shirt on. So, we'll see how he does in that one. He is very attractive, so I hope he appears in more films for American audiences because I'd love to see him in a movie where he doesn't have to wear a wig.

Last and biggest shocker of them all is the incredibly hot Matthew Lewis, who played Neville Longbottom and used to look like this (!!!):
and this:
and now looks like this:
 and this:
Granted, I think they made him wear false teeth in the films once he started growing up, but still! I mean COME ON! If you are not completely shocked/drooling over Matthew Lewis, I'm seriously going to question your sanity.  I REALLY REALLY hope he gets thousands of acting gigs playing the leading man because he clearly looks like one now. But for reals though. When I saw the pictures of him from the HP premiere start coming up on my Tumblr feed, I was amazed! "That's the dude that plays Neville?! No freakin' way!" And now I absolutely love him and I don't even know him and have only seen him play a secondary character in one film series (who happens to have a kick-a scene in this last film).

And on that note, I sure hope that if you haven't seen the last most epic HP film by now that you don't even speak to me until you do (I sure hope that is none of you). The men of HP (all of them including the leads: Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint who while I may or may not find attractive, I did not include because I figured they're getting all the attention anyway) have grown up (or grown more attractive in my eyes as the case may be), and will hopefully continue their acting careers in other great films. I love Harry Potter, both the films and the books, and I'm sad that with this last movie it's basically over. But thank goodness I can read the books and watch the movies over and over again.

And on that note I say: Good luck to the kids of HP, may they not be forever typecast into roles because of the ones they held in Harry Potter!


5 comments:

k said...

I've thought of what to say and this is what it is, "Amen sista!"

Grant Kellie said...

Neville totally turned out spicy! Kinda like when you are growing up and there's that weird kid down the street that suddenly one day catches your eye after years of being invisble. I wouldn't turn him away now if he came to my door.

Miss Nesbit said...

Thanks Kayli!

Grant, for reals!!!

anna said...

i always knew neville would be a babe! and i like tom felton too.

Miss Nesbit said...

Anna, for reals. I do like Tom Felton, but I must say I don't think he's "hot" persay but he's kind of cute.