Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Thing I Told You To Keep Your Eyes Peeled For...

I'm going to Utah THIS WEEK!

Yup. It's going to be a SUPER quick kind of last-minute trip, and while it's a long story about how it ended up working out, the important thing is I'm going and I'm excited. I'm mainly going to help out my brother Cameron bring all of his stuff back down to Texas because he decided not to continue going to Utah State in Logan and instead move back home and transfer to University of Texas at Dallas (where I'm going for my Master's!).

BUT while I'm there I also get to see a few friends I haven't seen in literally years! I'm going to be able to go see my friend Libby at her wedding open house/reception (and she doesn't know I'm going to be there BT Dubs). I haven't seen Libby since before she left on her mission, which was like 4 years ago. Also there will be other people I know at the reception/open house that will be there as well that I'm so stoked to see, but besides Libby I'm psyched to get to see my friend Wes, whom I also haven't seen in like 4 years either. (I'm secretly hoping I get to see Academy Fantasia, Wes, so I sure hope you do it within the like 2 hours I'll see you.)

Among the peeps at the open house, I'm hoping to get to see my friend Carey, that is if our schedules can mesh and she can work me in around working with the BYU football team. :) I'll also see mi familia in Provo since we're staying with them and all... and of course I'll get to briefly drive the streets of Provo and remember all the good times I had in college.

Sounds like this trip will be awesome, right?

Well... here's the downsides (for all involved):

I will have to drive (because I'm hauling my brother's crap, remember?), but my dad, who is ALREADY in Utah with my brother at this very moment, insisted that he drive with me since he doesn't want me driving alone. So, I'm picking him up from the airport (after flying in from SLC) on Thursday and then heading out on the road where we will drive straight through, no stops, taking turns, until we arrive on Friday at the Bubble that is Provo, UT. Then Saturday morning we'll wake up super early and drive ALL the way back to the Promised Land of Texas, luckily stopping this time in the Land of Enchantment that is Albuquerque, NM for the night and continuing on on Sunday. Also, I have to miss the first day of 2 of my classes, but I already emailed my professors and they say it's cool. :)

Yeah... I'm pretty much going to be dead by the time this is all over. AWESOME! Just in time for the start of the semester too. It's going to be great.

5 comments:

anna said...

yay you! have fun in Utah.

k said...

I hope your stuff-retrieving trip ends up to be bubblingly enchanted:)

Miss Nesbit said...

Thanks love!! I shall miss you both while I'm away!

Wes said...

So I'm really behind at reading blogs (which is what I'm rectifying here at 3 am) and I just saw this post. A few thoughts:

a) It was AWESOME seeing you
b) Sorry for keeping you up so late
c) I didn't even know that you had put out this request for Academy Fantasia but I'm ecstatic that you remembered/still enjoy it and want you to know that the one you got was 100% impromptu and genuine
d) Please come back...

Miss Nesbit said...

Wes, I'm glad you're putting catching up on blogs above sleep. I'm glad your priorities are in order. Also:
a) Umm DITTO. I loved seeing you and having a nice long conversation that
b) I'm not upset in the slightest that I stayed up late for.
c) That is EVEN more awesome!! I'm so glad it was genuine and spontaneous. YES!!!
d) Hopefully I will... also... to you I say... Texas is a nice place to visit... I'm just saying.